Friday, January 12, 2018

To Know Him

I watched with wide eyes as he smiled at the waiter. His stories could make the whole room laugh and yet he was different, he was kind. I knew that if only I could get to know him.. we could be friends. What could I do to get him to notice me? I wanted to meet this man so badly..

Friends, do you want to know Jesus? Are you curious about the man who touched the lepers, who was friends of the rejected, and yet could outsmart the Pharisees? Do you wonder what it would be like to know a Healer, to know a King who could pay your debt?

Do you want to know Him?

Because I do.

When I see Him, my eyes look up from the ground and I begin to see the people around me differently. When I talk with Him, He teaches me to talk just a little bit less- to listen to the people around me more. When I hear Him, I walk more gracefully. My steps become softer and purer and I don't get lost. When I touch Him, I find confidence to face my fears and live a life of higher calling. Friends, when I met Jesus, He changes me. The very presence of Christ gives me a power beyond myself- gives me a family in a heavenly kingdom.

And yet so often, we say we want to know Him. But we don't talk to Him. We say we want to know Him, but we don't read His word. We say we want to know Him, but we don't take the time to meet Him. We get busy, our eyes wonder, and we forget about that mysterious, kind man.

When life is good it's so easy to forget.

But then something happens, our life changes, we experience change, disaster, loneliness, longing. We're walking through the motions, going about our business, when from the window.. we see the man again.

And this time. We don't just watch him, we don't just look from afar, or stare. This time we open the door, we run into the restaurant, and we meet Him. With anticipation and passion and hope, we say "Jesus I want to know you."

And he reaches out his wounded hands, warmly embracing us, calling us by name, He whispers "I know all about you, and I love you, oh how I love you."

No comments:

Post a Comment