Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Sickly

Today I am pretty sick. I was sick yesterday too, but today I'm just weak. I might have a fever but I don't have a thermometer to check. I realized my spiritual life is a bit sick too. I haven't spent quality time in God's word and in prayer since before thanksgiving. I mean I've gone through the motions and sent up a few prayers but I haven't had a fervent (is that a word?) Bible study for a while where I have really communed with God and let Him search my heart.
Today I will spend that time with God in recovery as well as extra time at rest.
We have to do a "senior project" for the honors curriculum and I have an idea for mine. I will be doing my senior project junior year because that's when I will be graduating from Southern. I would like to start a new ministry called maybe "Happy healing" or something for the sickly kids in the hospitals around Chattanooga. We would get in teams and bring face paints, balloons, and juggling or other talents to the kids in the hospital rooms. My hope is that we would be able to talk to them, share Jesus with them, and develop a relationship with him. I hope it works because helping the hospitalized kids has been a dream of mine for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment