He was watching me cry as I waited for the plane to board. I knew it. He was watching the freak show. Why was she crying? Did he care? Did he feel bad for me?
I hid my tears until I went through security. I had kissed my parents goodbye hundreds of times before. It was only three weeks til Christmas. "I can do this", I told myself.
At school, everything changes. It's a different world I'm still a stranger too.
Why's it so hard for me? I love them so much. I miss my family: my familiar zone. The life I'm good at. I rock at living at home, being Brooke, hugging my mom, hanging out with friends I have had forever. Ok these days even those are fading.
I'm just not ready to be on my own. I want to be held. I want to be loved.
I know I can do this. God is blessing me on my journey here at Southern. He has a plan for me. He will hold me. He gives me the strength to say Goodbye
No comments:
Post a Comment