"Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander, that my faith would be made stronger" Oceans- Hillsong
Let me ask you a question, How matured is your faith and where are you currently swimming? Are you swimming in the deep or shallow end?
Is your faith mature and tested and does it go where the waves are, with the sharks, and the shipwrecks, and the broken remains." Or is it an "on the sand" kinda faith, a fair weathered faith for sunny days?
It's so easy to catch myself walking on the sand like a tourist, admiring the ocean, but not diving in. Maybe because it's cold and I'm comfortable, maybe because it's deep and I'm afraid of drowning; or maybe because of sea life. I can quickly fall into the routine and island entertainment and make excuses for why I don't need to swim in the deep Ocean.
For so long it seems ok to watch, to wade, to spectate. Even while going to church, meetings, life group, Bible study, "friendship evangelism". It's good; it's really nice to walk along the beach.
But then at some point I believe we are asked to swim. I think God calls us out of the shallow end and into the deep. And I'm sure for each one of us, this swimming adventure looks a little bit different. It's a surrendering thing, it's a dangerous thing, it's a freezing thing at times. And yet it's also the most glorious thing.
I don't know about you, but I want to swim deep with Christ. I want to know of the Oceans and the depths and the waves. I want my fear to be so much bigger than the sharks or pirrhannas, than the shipwrecks, and sea snakes. I want to know what it is to fellowship with Christ in both joys and sufferings. So my prayer is scary, it's "Take me deeper Lord Jesus; take me deeper. Show me more of what it means to know you; to be like you. Take me into the depths of your love and mercy. Teach me to trust. Break down what idols are not of you and take every part of me. I want to follow you wherever you call me and I want to swim in the deep."
No comments:
Post a Comment