Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Why I write

Anytime I write after 10 pm it gets dangerous. You know how we used to be told not to talk to boys at night because it would get bad quickly? Well my writing just tends to get more and more vulnerable, the later it is. And yet the words also flow so smoothly.

But many personal posts, I don't publish. I may struggle back and forth wondering if it is worthy for the world to hear my rantings.. or if it is too personal, if it could make someone think something bad of me right? Then again with all the stockers in the world, why should I write anyways? After all, writing takes time, energy, and sometimes I wonder if anyone even will read what I wrote or a better question, if I want them too. Do I want them to see beyond the actions and into some of my thoughts? Is it possible just one person might relate, or even find some courage or encouragement from one girls' struggles and adventures?

I want to share with you a few reasons why I write..

I write for me. I write not to be selfish and definitely not to make myself look better or brag in words. In fact, I don't tell many friends and people about my blog in general for this reason. I write because it lets me talk to myself, it lets me process my feelings. For a girl that has trouble being still and slowing down, writing helps me think.

I write for God. I write because at times I want to share something He has done for me and I want to never forget how I felt or how God worked. I right because occasionally when I am studying in the Bible I find these connections and I get really excited about them. I write so that when I am spiritually depleted and low, I can read my own posts and remember some of the miracles Jesus did for me and relive some of my spiritual highs.

I write because I have something to say, and sometimes I don't know who to tell. I write because I love ranting in a world that hates listening. I write because I am passionate and driven. I love orphans, I love children, and I love Jesus! And those things make me excited.

And finally, I write because I appreciate vulnerability and authenticity. I write to express some of the inner desires in my heart and to confess struggles. I write to be honest with myself and everyone else and portray the world with a little bit of sarcasm and humor. I write to free myself from expectations and try to find my identity in being Jesus' daughter.

These are reasons why I write. I love writing and I love how it's helped me live and love better.

No comments:

Post a Comment