Birthdays.. all of a sudden EVERYONE is nice to you! Ok I'm not going to lie pretty much everyone is always nice to me anyways but still.. there extra nice. People who normally don't talk to me are like writing on my facebook wall and giving me compliments. "I love you", "You look cute today", "I'm so glad we're friends (wait we are?? ;) It's almost like overload but hey I'm not complaining. It's been a very fun day to say the least and it's still not over. My mom sent me a cake, Chelsey took me to yellow deli, and tonight I'm gonna go out and eat frozen yogurt with some of my good friends. Today makes me realize how unexplainably grateful I am for God and His many blessings to me!
I have had an amazing 19 year of life and many people don't even get to live this long. So many of my dreams- with God's help- have already came true. I went to Southern, got on Gym Masters, was a counselor at summer camp, and traveled as a student missionary to Mexico, Honduras, and the DR.. and now thanks to God I'm going to Peru!
God has given me an amazing family. I can't explain everything they have done and mean to me. They truly are the model parents. When I was a child, I used to think my family was perfect-- now sadly I've lived past that illusion- but I praise God for giving me parents that care so incredibly much about doing the best for me and teaching me about God. God has also given me amazing friends! Sometimes I don't tell my friends, because if you know me you will learn I don't give compliments or verbally encourage people very much, but even if I don't tell them out loud.. I hope they know, I love them! My friends have been with me so much and even when were not at the same place, I can call them anytime of the day and tell them anything I'm going through. God has been so good to me this year and I have no regrets whatsoever that I came to Southern. I'm just so thankful for how much closer I have grown to God this year! God has shown me that He will never leave me nor forsake me but most of all His love is all I need to be happy!
It's so amazing knowing God. Reading my Bible and talking to Christ brings me so much joy! I really just want to encourage you to invest in knowing Jesus. It's a beautiful relationship beyond what you can ever imagine. He will change your life in so many ways. I know because by beholding Him, I am being changed.
I know I'm not perfect. I know I'm still selfish. I have so much further to go. But I have never been as close to Jesus as I am now. I have no fears whatsoever. I am at perfect peace with Christ, and my desire is to know Jesus so much better.
So ya it's my birthday. I'm 19. And if I had one wish? I would wish that I would never forget God. That I would never let distractions get in my way of Christ. Because day after day this is a constant struggle.
But I believe in God's love. I believe in His mercy and grace, and I trust His promises.
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Phillipians 1:6
No comments:
Post a Comment