Friday, April 6, 2018

What If

I have two maps in my room of the world and one of them has a few articles from Adventist Frontier posted to it and in big words it says "What If". It's an article from a current missionary family where a man writes about the ways God has led him in the past and questions "What if he had followed his own desires instead of the will of God?"

This morning, I'm focusing on Phillipians 4:6-7 which says to Be anxious for nothing- but to let God fill our hearts full of his peace. EGW writes that "Many who profess to be Christ's followers have an anxious, troubled heart because they are afraid to trust themselves with God. They do not make a complete surrender to Him, for they shrink from the consequences that such a surrender may involve. Unless they do make this surrender they cannot find peace...Their character becomes marred by the world's perplexities.. and the continual worry is wearing out the life forces."

And she continues "Our heavenly Father has a thousand ways to provide for us of which we know nothing." (Help in Daily Living).

What if I trusted God with every aspect of my life?

What if knowing that God has good plans for me, took away every doubt, feeling of despair, anxiousness, and anxiety?

What if I truly believed that God was the only thing I needed?

What if God has different plans for me than the ones I see in my head? What if my dreams aren't Christ's dreams? What if I don't see my life the way God does?

As I look back in my testimony, there's so many times where the things that happened in my life are things I never would have predicted happening. There's people I never would have imagined becoming friends with that became some of my bestest friends. There's stories that never should have happened, places I never should have gotten to go, things I wish I'd never learned, and yet ways I've changed that I never would have imagined. And as I look at the past, I know that God is faithful. I know that His ways are better than mine.

And yet that doesn't change the fact that today- I still struggle to trust Him. That there are some things that I still have to wrestle with God back and forth for. That I pray surrender but that my mind fights control over.  This isn't one of those days where I'm writing because of what I know. I'm writing because I have this hope.

That God is the God of my What If's.

That God is the God of the unknown in my life.

That God can take care of my doubtful heart.

That God can help me surrender the areas of my life that are difficult.

Friends, every day that I find Him I realize how much more I need Him. I realize that my faith is so small, and yet He says that with tiny faith of a mustard seed, He can move the biggest mountains.

I pray that you like me, find that your What ifs are smaller than God's plans to guide you and lead you and be your God. That we would find peace knowing that living a life of surrender is truly the most blessed and joyful life we could ever experience.

That God would be your hope and comfort and calm of your fears and that you would have peace in knowing He has good plans for you. He has good plans for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment