Wednesday, April 25, 2018

My 24 Birthday Vows

What do I need to thank Jesus for this year?

This past year I became a nurse. It was wonderful and surprising and sketchy at the same time. All those prayers, all those days I never thought it would happen, all those doubts of surviving nursing school dissolved as I graduated as an RN. I knew this was a miracle for me- a huge way God had worked- because for me alone this would be impossible.

This past year I got the opportunity to go to Alaska as a camp nurse. It was one of the most joyous opportunities and adventures of my life. I got to have a flying lesson in a plane, kayak in between glaciers, love on little Alaskan natives, and build great relationships with camp staff. I loved being a camp nurse so much!

Then I was praying and interviewing for jobs and I got my dream job opportunity working at the children's hospital in Chattanooga. This has been extremely hard because it's night shift- but it has been so wonderful, because I'm learning how to better take care of little kids and babies and even teenagers. And I love learning about how to take care of them. I wouldn't want to work with any other population.

This year I got the opportunity to move off Southern's campus and rent a house in Ooltewah. I have the most amazing landlord and I get to live with my best friends. They are supportive and fun and we have a blast living together.

This has been a big year. So much has happened and I feel I have been thrown to the world of adulting far too fast, but I'm also super excited. Here are my vows for how I want to live better and closer to Jesus this year as a 24 year old.

1. I vow to treasure God highest. To trust Him with my whole heart and to surrender every detail: work, relationships, classes, and dreams to Him.

2. I vow to trust others- to risk loving other people- to develop better relationships.

3. I vow to go on adventures- to be brave- and try new things including things

4. I vow to believe in myself. To believe that I am a child of God and to stop comparing myself to others.

5. I vow to have confidence in myself as a nurse. To pray for my patients and to love them.

6. I vow to have a more positive attitude. To say thank you more, and smile and laugh more. To thank God for every blessing and see that life is beautiful.

*Well that's about it- if that's not sappy I don't know what is LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment