Thursday, February 28, 2013

Jesus I'm so in love with you

Jesus I'm so in love with you.
Like that outta the ballpark, homerun feeling that gives you total happiness- that kinda feeling
Like those romance stories where the guy rescues you and carries you off to the castle- that kinda feeling
Like when your laying out on kayaks with your bestfriend talkin bout life and see a shooting star- that kinda feeling.
And I know that feelings do not make relationships. Feelings do not determine love, nor should love or obedience be determined by feelings.
But when you have those feelings you can enjoy them, you can praise God!
Because our God is a Spiritual God, but also a sensual God- He wants you to feel Him and know Him through words, smell, taste, touch, and physical contact.
I once asked my youth pastor on senior survival why I didn't feel God. It was clear that my classmates around me felt Him. We were up on a mountain and we were doing team bonding activities, but I just didn't Feel God. He told me this, Your spiritual walk with Christ is going to be a roller coaster- ups and downs. When your up praise God for who He is and what He has done. When your low remember those highs and praise God that He will raise you up again.
I'm just so grateful right now for all that Christ has done for me in my life, especially in the past year. I feel like I've changed a lot in the past year and grown so much spiritually. Like 1 Corinthians 3:1 talks about infants- in the spiritual walk- I feel like that's who I used to be. I used to do the right things, pray at the right times- and be good. But being good is not what God's about.
God wants a personal, crazy passionate relationship with Him. I know I don't have it figured out- my walk with Him is so messed up sometimes! I hate the things I do. But God is changing me. God is not giving up on me. This past year being at Southern, God has shown me that I only need Him. I need nothing else but God. He has shown me that a true relationship with Him is so much bigger and intimate than I ever imagined. He desires every part of me. He wants me to surrender my independence, my personality, my dreams.. and in return He says: You are mine. And I will give you perfect peace.
I'm so in love with God. His ways are so pure. His love so gentle. His power so mysterious. I'm in awe of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment