Sunday, February 10, 2013

Dangers of Hell

We are rich, us Americans, yes we are. You say "I'm not rich, I'm a college student who has loans. I don't have money Oh really. Did you realize that the average person in the world makes less than $2 a day? You say so what. You say who cares. You say I'll try to remember to give more to charity next Christmas.
Whatever.
Whatever?
Did you know that the Bible says it is easier for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than for a rich man to go to heaven? Matthew 19:24
I know you're not with me... WE ARE IN DANGERS OF THE FIRE OF HELL- US AND OUR FRIENDS, OUR FAMILY- WE'RE ALL RICH AMERICANS. I'M TALKING ABOUT WHERE WE WILL SPEND ETERNAL LIFE.
IT IS EASIER FOR A CAMEL TO GO THROUGH AN EYE OF A NEEDLE THAN FOR AN AMERICAN TO GO TO HEAVEN?
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT?
Because to be honest I don't totally, but as I begin too, it scares me.
Don't you see that us Americans are lukewarm? We are going to be spit out of Christ's mouth? It's ok because we will be saved by faith right, we are a Christian nation, we go to church on Saturdays or Sundays. Oh really? Because that's not what being spit out of Christ's mouth sounds like to me but study it for yourself.
Even worse than learning you are lukewarm, is how much you are willing to do about it. This just goes to show you, yep you are lukewarm. Because we say, it's ok, some days I'll be more on fire for God I'm ok with being comfortable.
Are you now? Because I'd rather be uncomfortable now and comfortable in paradise forever then comfortable in this sinful dying world.
So what do we do about this? Do we make a goal to pray for one more person? Do we up our Bible reading time to thirty minutes a day? Come on!! I know for me learning all this makes me want to be an SM next year. I'm not saying that's the answer for everyone. I'm just saying do what you need to do to truly get serious about God.
Because I know that I am lukewarm so much of the time, and I know that I am not ok with that!
I know that going to a different country would give me a new perspective.
I'm not saying I'm going but I'm saying if God is willing to help me get there and use me there, I'm all in. I want God to transform my life.
I want to go to Peru because I want my life to be more on fire for Christ. I'm tired of the lukewarm living. I'm tired of American thinking. I want a Jesus perspective.
Lord do whatever it takes to get me on fire for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment