Monday, May 14, 2018

Mother

Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!  Isaiah 49:15

I was taking care of a child who was handicapped and extremely sick. The child was helpless, the needs were heavy and burdensome to care for the child. Yet the mother spoke tenderly to her daughter calling her Princess. The years of care and care for this child, seemed to only deepen the love this mom had for her. For this girl was her daughter- who came out of her womb- and nothing the daughter could do could change the mom's love.

How often we doubt our heavenly Father's love for us. I think if we could understand the depths of His love- we would experience more life transformation- not from acting, but from living in that kind of love.

And yet so often I wonder of my worth and value, because I place it in external measures like performance and law-abidance. I look to earthly people to confirm my value instead of looking to my Father who created me.

And yet seeing the love of some of the mother's in my hospital- seeing that deep, genuine real love. Although our earthly love is so flawed compared to God's. It just brings so much hope and inspiration to my heart to know so much more that God sees my journey- where I've come from and where I'm going- and He loves me no matter where I am at.

Lately friends, I feel like I've stumbling. It's a trap I've fallen into before. And I'm finally aware of where I stepped out and how tripped up I've become. It's frustrating to fall back into sin- especially something that you've worked hard to overcome- or that you promised yourself you would never go back too.

But I have so much to thank God for, because He doesn't give up on me and He doesn't give up on you. And His love is so much deeper and wider and more abundant than anything I can imagine.


No comments:

Post a Comment