Saturday, March 16, 2013

I'm going to Peru

God has finally answered my prayers and I know without a doubt that He is calling me to Peru next year as a student missionary. I don't know how He will provide or make it possible but I trust Him. I don't know why He wants me to go next year when most of my friends are going the year after but I know He does. I don't know why God is calling me to go to Peru to a medical clinic even though I'm still very fearful of doctors and ivs, but I know God is calling me. He spoke to me today in Sabbath school and church directly and personally. God spoke to me and it made me shake and I started crying because I knew for sure that God is really calling me.
I told my parents and they said that if God was leading, then they were ok with it. This is a big thing since I have been begging my parents to go since the beginning of the school year and they have asked me to wait another year. But I told God that if He wants me to go, He must work on my parents' heart and I believe He has. They are open to God's will in my life. I know they are scared. And to be honest, I am too. But I know that God will take care of me and provide.
I prayed that I would have a friend to go to Peru with if it was God's will and He has answered that prayer. I met a girl who went to Dominican with me named Becca who wants to go to the exact same place as I do. Mikaya one of my best gym master friends wants to go as well second semester. So God has definitely answered my prayers.
As I tell my friends my decision to go, it's not exactly what I expected. They are mostly like "cool" or "why" or "that'll be good for you". Honestly this is hard, but some of them are far away so we can't talk heart to heart and others of them just aren't that close to me. It's a really big decision and a really big thing to me. I just want to serve God radically and get to know Him in a totally different way. I know that God will change me in Peru- I also know He's changing me now. I desire a totally different type of relationship with Him.
I'm really exciting for what God's doing in me and I'm really happy He answered my prayers.
Joshua 1:8,9 Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified. Do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Matthew 28:19-20 Go into all the world and make disciples of all the nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the son and of the holy spirit and low I am with you always even unto the end of the age.

No comments:

Post a Comment