Monday, March 25, 2013
God's healing my scars
Well I'm mostly over all the boy drama of yesterday.
As today has enough battles of it's own.
I feel like God is working to heal.
He's working to heal my heart and scars as well as the heart of ** and I'm open to that but it's scary at the same time.
I wrote previously in my journal "Holy Spirit" that I chose to forgive a guy that has hurt me a lot when I was younger. Because of him, I have struggled with trusting guys a lot. Well I wrote to him and told him that, and today he wrote me back. His answer was quite surprising and I hope it is a God thing- what is happening. Here are some parts of what he said that I would like to share with you.
"Oh Brooke, I'm so glad to hear from you & so glad that
you have forgiven me for that unfortunate experience that we both had to go through. I want you to know that I have forgiven you already and have been praying for your healing and your heart! I know it was confusing and thought provoking for you too. The whole thing made me question myself and question my actions toward you and others. Your forgiveness means so much to me, and I want you to know that I still value our friendship! I know you struggled so much during that time, and since, and all I wanted to do was be there for you, but my hands were tied and I felt trapped. I had never been on that side of things before and I wished I could just explain it all away! I have never caused someone so much pain before and I feel I owe you so much! I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding that came between us and for the drama that scarred you! I hope that we can remain friends and rebuild a good friendship!
We've been wanting to see you since coming here to Collegedale but haven't had the chance. I would love to see you too and talk a bit! There are some things I wish to tell you in person! I hope that is okay!"
So with him saying all this, it really makes me think about the whole situation again. And honestly I want to see him because I think God wants to restore our friendship. Not to a level of intimacy but to a level where we don't have guilt or hurt feelings in our heart anymore. I want to see him but I'm a little nervous too. I told my mom and my two friends who know him and the situation as well. I want to see his family but I don't want to be by myself with him. So I might bring a friend, I'm not sure yet or just have his wife be there the same time we are talking.
What happened 3 summers ago, often I try to ignore. I was 16 and naïve. I didn't even like boys at that time. ** was my boss at the lake and we got really close. We had a lot of fun together at the lake and he wanted to hang out with me more and more. I really looked up to this guy. He was like a pastor and became one of my best guy role models. He was 28 years old and married. Some people started telling the -- that they thought our relationship was inappropriate. Then people begin spying on us and things got weird. I had to have a lot of talks about being careful and not trusting older guys too much because they could be dangerous. Then things got really weird. I tried to back off from ** but he kept trying to get close to me. He never did anything to hurt me, but he wrote me letters and tried to get me to spend time with him. The __ freaked out saying that he was perverted and was possibly going to rape me and the conference director had to come down to the camp and put a separation order between us so that we couldn't talk. The whole thing really scared me and confused me. Since then things got really awkward and distant between me and **. I was seriously scared that he was going to try and hurt me or rape me. Now I know that the whole thing was a big misunderstanding. It wasn't his fault, but it wasn't mine either. It's an awful situation. It hurt both of us a lot. I feel really bad for him because it hurt his reputation a lot too.
Working things out takes guts. It takes admitting that you were wrong and sincerely apologizing. It's easier to just ignore what's happened in the past and even the things that have hurt us. But even though we try to ignore the unpleasant things in our history, everything leaves scars. Christ calls us to take our relationships seriously and to forgive as he forgave us. It's important to forgive the people who have hurt you because they probably have guilt about that situation too. Christ wants to heal the many scars this sinful world has left upon us. We have to be open to Him about the things deep in our hearts that we sometimes don't want to talk about or even acknowledge. When we pour out our hearts to God, the restoring work that He can do is amazing.
God's working on changing and healing my heart. He wants to heal your scars as well. Will you let him?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment