Dear XXX,
I like talking to you but I want to stop.
I need you to stop texting my heart.
You are leading me on, and you are making something out of nothing. We both know it feels nice to have someone there, to have someone care, to have someone to talk to anytime you choose.
What we both aren't thinking about is how much this is going to hurt us.
Intimacy is not created for guy-girl relationships other than the man/ woman God has chosen for you.
In-to-me-see is dangerous. Because it promotes hormones and special feelings- that will eventually lead to a desire to want more, and possibly union. God made us as intimate creatures that thrive in relationships. But this sinful world has distorted relationships and feelings. Our world is overwhelmingly sexual.
What's the problem with texting a guy every day that's "just friends"?
1. Texting won't build a solid relationship.
2. Texting uses only 10% of good communication skills.
3. Texting wastes time of both people involved.
4. Texting leads to unclear emotions and uninterrupted feelings.
5. It's easy to become satisfied with texting relationships and become fulfilled by "texting" friends other than God and real people in your life.
6. Texting relationships will end! And the ending of these relationships will still hurt.
I used to believe that a girl and a guy could be "best friends" and that's all. I wish this was true. In the bottom of my heart, I wish that I could be close to guys like I can girls and talk to them heart to heart all the time. More and more lately, I am beginning to believe that if we are honestly and utmostly striving to follow God's will in our relationships.. We will not drag intimacy into relationships with guys unless we are considering them for marriage.
I hate this so much. I hate what I just said, because I love hanging out with guys. They're so much fun and any day I would rather talk or chill with a group of guys than with girls. Maybe everybody feels that way because that's how we are made =)
I have hurt so many guys by trying to be friends with them. I'm tired of it.The problem is in most close friendships there is one partner if not both that is dealing with feelings out of the "friend zone". Relationships are meant to go places. How can you balance these relationships with guys? I think it's extremely difficult. Where do you draw the line on what's too intimate?
We have to be constantly talking to God about our relationships. We need to be praying about our friends both male and female and about our future spouse. He will give us signs and speak to our hearts. When you start to get excited feelings and start to doubt if maybe things could work out and go further than just friends or when you start to think about that person throughout the day, you need to evaluate the relationship.
I struggle with this so much, but my friend and I had a really eye opening talk today and I wanted to write about this. There are so many relationship problems today, and it really makes me sad.
I guess to end, I just want to say that if you are truly seeking God before any man, He will put the right partner in your life at the right time.
No comments:
Post a Comment