To Peter.. "the sense of his uncleanness in the presence of infinite purity overwhelmed him. Peter fell at the Savior's feet , exclaiming, "Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, Oh Lord."
The same presence of divine holiness had caused the prophet Daniel to fall like a dead man before the angel. Daniel 10:8. Isaiah exclaimed "Woe is me for I am undone. Because I am a man of unclean lips... for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of his hosts." Isaiah 6:5 (Desire of Ages)
I have never fallen on my face for the Lord. I have only fallen to my knees. And I have done this far too little. Yesterday at Southern vespers with all college students kneeled we were asked to pray a prayer together. It said.. "This year may we open our Bibles more than any other textbook. And press the Bible app more than the facebook app...." It said some other things too but these are the parts that stand out in my mind.
Then sadly, the girl sitting next to me whispered in my ear "Ya right like that's gonna happen"
I just can't get this scene out of my head. It really saddens me, really baffles me. How can we be so selfish? How can we be so stupid? How can we be so naïve?
I think that was a providential thing, that the girl next to me said that. I think God's trying to tell me something here.
Like we need to get serious about God. Time is running out. When are you gonna get serious? When am I gonna get serious?
Today I participated in a new ministry: Preach the Word Chattanooga. A guy started preaching on the Chattanooga bridge with a megaphone. Ok megaphone preachers normally turn me off... but now there's SDA megaphone preachers: Woah! I passed out tracts and asked a few people for prayer. You should see the looks of some of those poor people's faces. It was almost like I was holding a gun; they ran. Why are people running from a piece of paper? Why are people running from church? Why are people running from opening their Bible? Judgement? Not wanting to give God everything? Laziness? I don't know!! And while most people don't think they're running away from God, most of us are hiding a part of our lives from Him. Or we are still keeping idols in our hearts. Maybe idols like facebook, friends, or school..
We have to Surrender! We are in war and our time is almost up. Repent!!! For the Kingdom of heaven is near!! Repent, I urge you to let God change your life. I don't think this world will last much longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment