Monday, January 9, 2017

To my wandering friend

I know that you've been wandering this past year, and I don't mean world travel, but value and self-searching. Not just finding a job but finding a man, and finding a self that isn't defined by others or old expectations. You've been trying a few things differently.

Listen to me fully, take the time to hear where I'm coming from. I don't want to judge you, I want to love you. I don't hate you, I want to care for you. I want to encourage you, but I wish you could see what you are doing and what you are sacrificing.

Don't you see that you are a rare and beautiful flower? That you are spectacular at being you? That you are the girl who sings children to sleep and makes the whole class laugh with joy. You are the one whose passion could ignite a wild fire. I see endless potential in you.

I see you looking for happiness, searching for value, for joy in the little things and I fear for you. I'm scared because I tremble at the beasts who seek to devour you. The enemy laughs and writes your name on his hand to trick you. Please don't fall.

Don't you see that you have a home? That you have a Father who calls your name and sings songs over you? Why won't you let Him fulfill your every need?

Ultimately if there were only thing I could tell you, this would be it. That no matter what you do, and how far you wonder, where you are, and what condition you are in, you can call me and I'll come running. I still am your number one fan and I am still going to be that friend.

It is never too late to come home. It is never too late to come running back to me or even better running back to Christ. Open the Word again my friend, say a short prayer. For when you feel alone, the Lord of love sees your fragile heart. Know that God is always waiting. You have never gone too far. You can always come home.

And until you do, I'll be waiting for you and I'll be praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment