Tuesday, December 13, 2016

nursing level 3 complete

Today with much prayer, I took and passed with flying colors my adult 2 nursing final which means 3 out of 4 levels are now complete! I am so beyond grateful to God and amazed at the way He has been helping me do nursing school- something I never imagined trying.

It's crazy to think that one year ago I was the level 1 nursing student who couldn't sleep because she was so nervous about clinicals and could hardly watch others put in an iv.

2 years ago I was in the hospital room with my dad vowing never to work in such a dirty place and that I couldn't touch anything- especially the incentive spirometer.

And 3 years ago I was in a country far away where I promised God He could have every part of my life including my career, dreams, and fears. And I found myself in a clinic crying as the doctor asked me to learn to give my first shot...

Today, I thank God because I know that I am only passing because of His grace. I can only overcome my own fears with His strength. And soon I will be a nurse because He promises to faithfully complete the good works that He starts in us. And now I am SO excited to be a nurse. I want to take care of sick kids and babies, help moms get pregnant, and help orphanage children across the world.

If God is calling you to do something crazy that you are afraid of, unprepared or unqualified for, I encourage you to do it. Because when you do that thing that "you" can't do it enables God to put His power in you to do it and your trust in Him grows so much! I will never regret the year I spent in Peru learning to trust God more and I don't regret the journey through health science and trying to search out what major I should do. Because God was working in my heart, working in my life, and He knows the perfect timing and the perfect way and His plans are ALWAYS better than ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment