Wednesday, August 31, 2016

My traveling friend

So many transitions, so many places to go see.
Adventures to live through, wonders to explore.
New places, new people, and new jobs
New experiences as far as the eye can see



Yet every time I move
Changing seasons, places, or even best friends
I have to find Him again
Not that He isn't there
no matter where I go, what I do, what I see

But He lets me find Him
He lets me choose Him
Each and every day
Even though He pursues me
He waits for me to follow Him



I don't know what I'd do without Him
I don't know where I'd be without this guy
I've crossed so many countries with Him
Journeyed so far away
And yet He's the only one that stays by my side
He'll never leave me

Three years ago I left for a country of Peru
And I asked my traveling friend
To take me on a new journey
On the best journey I'd ever been with Him

I asked him to marry me
And I told him he could have my heart
He could break it
Or remake it
It was His

He took my life and started painting
New colors and pictures
Painting over my fears, my insecurities
And asking me to be a nurse, to be humble
Most importantly to let Him lead me every day

And as I've followed
My best friend has shown my heart so much joy
So much love, so much passion, so much peace
It's incomprehendible

So I invite you.
Do you want to go on a crazy journey?
I hope you meet my best friend
I hope you let Christ love you passionately
I hope you give Him everything

No comments:

Post a Comment