Thursday, February 11, 2016

I'm not ok

"If a man cannot prove his religion in the valley, it is not worth anything." Shade of His Hand

There are days when people ask me how I'm doing and I lie and tell them I'm ok when I'm not.
Times when I get sad, lonely, afraid, feel a lack of purpose, feel like I'm not doing anything right
The truth is that everybody has these days.

Everybody goes through struggles. Everybody will one at time or another feel alone. Everybody will fight for something in their life- whether they give up or overcome is their choice.

God does not tell us that following Him on this earth will be easy. Yet He tells us that He will prove faithful to us in the journey.

You see if we have surrendered our life to God, we have joined a battle. A battle against the Devil, a battle for lives, for Salvation, for good and evil. This battle is not easy, mind you, but it's important and it's glorious and it's all about love. If we are fighting this battle, we must equip ourselves daily with the armor of God or we will quickly be overcome. We cannot fight this battle alone! This is something I forget over and over again and God has to remind me "Brooke let me fight for you. Brooke put on my armor." Or else I will be overcome.

If we are not studying the word and praying diligently daily we have no sense in being on the battlefield. The Bible says that Satan prowls around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). Temptations are all around us.

Yet Christ says "do not be afraid or discouraged for I am your God who can strengthen you and help you, upholding you in my righteous right hand" Isaiah 41:10.

Whatever you are facing, God cares. He is bigger than whatever trial or tribulation may be going on in your life. Christ wants for you to be an overcomer and for you to accept peace, joy, and love that He offers to fill your heart with.

If you are not ok, tell someone. Most importantly tell God. Re-surrender your life to Him and look for a good Christian mentor or friend who you can share your earthly struggles with.
Christ has created us and He loves us. To Him you are valuable beyond worth. He has a purpose for your life.

Romans 8:38-39 says I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

He loves you. Let Him hold you in His arms. Let Him be enough for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment