Friday, November 13, 2015

Joy

Today I was feeling sick and in the process of hurrying to go to work lost my id card somewhere in my room. It has been a rough week for me fighting off sickness and studying/ stressing. I went to my boss's office to ask him if he could manually put in my hours since I didn't have my id card. I told him I was still feeling sick and he asked me if I was stressed out with school.

When I said yes, he looked at me and told me Jesus loves me and that He didn't want me to feel stressed. He said God doesn't want you to live like that. I think something about the caring way he said it really struck me and made me realize the truth. God does not want us to live stressed or unjoyful lives no matter what the situation. "In every situation, with prayer and thanksgiving, we are to present our requests to God. That the peace of God which transcends all understanding can guard our hearts and our minds in Christ Jesus. "

It doesn't matter what the world may throw at us or how difficult or busy we may be- worry does no good to our hearts, souls, or bodies. How can we represent Christ to a lost world if we are busy, stressed, occupied people? How can people see the difference Jesus has made in our lives if we are not joyful?

Sometimes it's almost like I want to justify my unhappiness. Like no you don't understand my life... bluh bluh bluh. But in the end, nobody cares and we realize everybody has unhappy moments and trials in life. The difference is how we respond to them.

Thus I guess my next question is how do we Christians who love Jesus but are prone to business and stress keep our joy in Christ? The joy that radiates, the contagious smile, the high fiver, the constant supporter, the giver, the inspirer, the personality so joyful everyone wants to be our friend.

One of my friends from boarding academy died yesterday in a car accident. He was only 19 years old. I was reading his facebook page the other day and it really just hit me what a man of God Moses was. But the coolest thing about it is his love with God was manifested with the joyous life he lived and the fun he had with his many friends and family. He was a guy that made friends with everyone. He was happy because He knew Jesus and this literally radiated to everyone he knew.

Here's a question for you, if you died today what would people remember about you? Would they remember laughing with you and the joy you shared with them?

I don't know about you, but I want to learn how to experience more of Christ's joy and more of His peace. My prayer is that He would give me pure joy that is representative of the light and love of His Savior. May you be blessed and find hope and joy in serving the King of Kings and Lord of all the Universe.







No comments:

Post a Comment