Friday, October 30, 2015

every little detail

Charles Haddon Spurgeon a British preacher in the 19th century once said “The life of a Christian is a series of miracles.” 
I know I write about miracles alot..
But our God is a God of miracles.
He is a God of wonders, a God of love, a God of power who is bigger than our deepest fears. I deeply believe that as we get to know Him more and more and follow His paths for our life, we will see those beautiful miracles manifested.

For me, I know that where I am right now with God, what my major is, where I'm living in the village, how I'm paying for college, my family, who my friends are.. that all these things are miracles.

I know that you may think I am being cliche and people say: those are just coincidences or blessings. But trust me I have SO many stories about God's miracles in my life. And I believe that we should give God credit and glory for the things He does (the things we know that we could never do).

Earlier this week I was really struggling with evil thoughts. I felt tempted and overcome by the Evil one. I was desperate for help and I was crying out for God "Where are you?" Why is everything so hard? Why is my life so messy? Why.. when I tried to follow you.. did you shatter my heart in pieces on the ground like a broken puzzle?

But Jesus is doing miracles in me and I'm more than grateful because it is such a privilege to have the Lord of Lords mess up my selfish life and make it holier- something more like His. And I know that day by day, week by week, He will have to continue this process of breaking and remaking me..
And it will be hard at times, and it will hurt at times. But at the end of the day, I will look up at my Savior, potter, and healer of my life and say Thank you so much for saving me from myself.

Tonight I worshiped with Anthony Evans at vespers and the Lord just spoke to me through the music and the message. And He reminded me of the quote Ellen White says where she says "We have nothing to fear for the future, except as we shall forget the way the Lord has led us, and His teaching in our past history." Also God gave me a verse I have committed to memory Philippians 1:6 which says being confident of this that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion at the day of Christ Jesus our Lord.

Are you recognizing the miracles Jesus is working in your life? Are you letting the Lord work miracles in you?

In the morning do you wake up and surrender your life to Christ and see Jesus change whatever you want about me, do whatever you need too in me to make me more like you? Use me today to be your hands and feet.

I want to encourage you that if you are praying this prayer and if you have committed your life to Christ, you should be seeing miracles unfold. No it won't be easy. No the world's dreams will not come upon you and plop into your lap like a flying ice cream cone but you will find peace and joy in things you never imagined. You will be restored by the Lover of life and you will understand that truly the Lord is all you need and truly He is a miraculous and good God who reigns forever.

My prayer for you is that you would ask God to do miracles in you. That you would re-surrender your life to Him. That you would watch Him lead and guide you to paths you never would have imagined. It will be the best adventure of your life =)

No comments:

Post a Comment