Thursday, September 24, 2015

Worst Day Ever

"Come to me all you who are tired and are carrying heavy loads and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

I don't know when the last time was when you had one of those days...
You know those days when everything possible seems to go wrong.
Almost getting in a car accident, injuring your foot, getting pooped on by a squirrel, thudding to the ground in the middle of your pilates class LOL..

I was having a terrible, no good very bad day... then I went to work in the Hulsey and I watch this cute chubby five year old girl skip into the gym and I watch her fall flat on her face. My immediate response was "oh honey your day is alot like mine, poor thing". But then I watched her jump back up quicker than lightening and yell "I'm ok; I'm ok". I followed her into the bathroom where her mom checked out her bloody legs and she gleefully yelled "Nope it doesn't hurt; they feel just fine.".

Her stubbornness and perseverance made me smile and rethink my daily tribulations.
What do you do when things don't go your way?
What is your response when you trip and everyone is watching
How deep does your faith go? Can you praise God even when you are afraid, in pain, struggling, facing trials?

Sometimes when having a bad day I long for someone to just hold me in their arms and promise me that everything is going to be ok. It may seem cliche, but Jesus is the only person who can truly identify with our struggles, love us deeply, fill our heart, and assure us of his neverending presence. He says Let me help you with your worst day ever. Let me hold you when you are afraid. Let me fill your heart with the peace that only I can offer and with the joy that can make you laugh at the worst days of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment