Friday, September 25, 2015

One miracle after another

I tried to be someone's superhero today
and I realized how much I needed you
Because you are the only Superhero worth giving my life too

I realize I'm back on my knees again
Needing to be rescued
And you carried me to Your table
Once again, one miracle after the other,
You provided my daily bread

And though I'm not pain- free
My heart's joy found
Because I know you and You are beautiful
Your love is healing
It's like a rushing river
That washes me through and through

I don't know what your making me into
I don't know how I'm going to do it
How I'm going to survive so many days on this pain-stricken thing
we call earth

But I know that I am loved
I know that I have purpose
I know that I have a healer
I know that I have a potter
And I know that you won't give me more than I can handle
And that through it all you will prove faithful

Providing me with one miracle after another just like you've shown me before
So Lord grant me authentic faith
Teach me how to pray
Teach me how to weep for you and your Kingdom down on my knees
Teach my heart how to feel again
How to care for others more than myself
Change my heart into something vulnerable, tender, and warm
For me to serve you, Lord, I'll need another miracle again

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

No comments:

Post a Comment