Monday, September 21, 2015

Be still my anxious soul

Be still my soul be still...

Be still. There is a healer. His love is deeper than the sea. His mercy, it is unfailing. His arms a fortress for the weak.

Let faith arise..

I lift my hands to believe again. That you are my fortress, you are my strength. As I pour out my heart, these things I remember, you are faithful God forever. *Chris Tomlin

Every day I struggle with anxiety.
I fight the desire to control my own life.
To plan out my week, my semester, my year, and my future plans
When God looks at me and says My daughter I've got this.
I have better plans for you.

Peace. He whispers to me.
It's my gift.
Will you not open it beneath it's golden ribbons?
Peace He says. It's my signature.
My mercy and peace perfectly gift my love for you.

I desire to not go through my days checking off a list.
Or worrying about receiving a perfect grade
But delighting in the Law of my King
Writing His love letters in my heart
And waiting in the peace of His hands

Phillipians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything but my prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment