Sunday, August 23, 2015

Alarm Clock

2 years ago when I was in Peru, a pastor told me that Jesus was His alarm clock. That if you trusted Him to wake you up in the morning, he would be faithful to not only wake you, but to provide time for you and Him to spend together. I remember in Peru, being awed at this idea of waking to the Lord.

I remember "testing" these theories and feeling full of joy when Christ, time after time, woke me up right when I needed too. I always seemed to feel more rested and happy when Jesus woke me up as well.

Fast forward two years later, back to the busy states of America. I had forgotten that Jesus wanted to be my alarm clock. A pastor spoke a sermon on the "why you do the things you do" and told a story of how every night, he asks Jesus to wake him up at the right time so that he has enough time to spend with Him.

So I decided last night, that I missed my morning time with Jesus, sleeping in, and running around like a chicken with it's head cut off... I wanted Jesus to wake me up. And today he did =) An hour and a half earlier, just at the right time, when I could wake up peacefully, be alone, and spend time with my Creator.

I'm excited to let Jesus be my alarm clock all year long =) And I encourage you, if you've never tried, to let Jesus wake you up in the morning so that you can spend time with Him too.

1 Samuel 1:19   They rose early in the morning and worshiped before the LORD; then they went back to their house at  Ramah. And Elkanah knew Hannah his wife, and the LORD  remembered her. 

1 comment: