Sunday, July 5, 2015

Blinded

Today was the first of my first ever blind camp. It was really cool actually to meet the campers and to see them so happy and joyful. We played this game called "beeper baseball" and us staff had to become blindfolded as well. It was sooo difficult! We were rolling on the ground trying to find that big beepy ball. It looked so easy from afar but trying to play was so difficult.

Playing gave me a totally new perspective of what it's like to be blind. It is challenging and yet the campers, handle their disability so well, hardly noting that anything is wrong. They learn quickly and try hard, but there are a few things that they don't understand...

"I'm so glad I'm not blind." I think to myself.

Oh child- but you are

But I see colors. I see nature. I see people's faces and physical appearances.

Yes but I see their hearts. I see the spiritual war. I see the beginning and the end. I see what matters. I see you differently than you see yourself. I love you even though I have seen the ugliest parts of you.

Why can't I see?

Now is not the time for you to see everything. You would not understand. One day everything I have designed from the beginning, and the glory of my son's plan will be understood by all. On that glorious day, your eyes will be opened and you will see not only outward appearances but you will see the way I see- by the heart.

Why can't I see what my future holds? Why can't I see who you want me to marry? Why can't I see what job you want me to do? Why don't I understand anything that's going on? Why can't I see your face? Why do I sometimes feel so blinded from seeing your love and your glory as if an oak tree is blocking my view of the light.

Patience my child. One day at a time. Do you trust me?
Do you trust me to guide you? Then let me lead you in my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment