Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Story

"This is not a story full of action or tears... it is perhaps one of the most well known stories of all times....This is a story of how lives were changed. A story that still affects the way we live today. A story that changed my life. A story that I know, if you understand, will forever change yours. Welcome to "The Story".
For months my friend and I have been working on writing this story. I have never got to work on a script so long and so powerful before. I have seen this story in the very beginning, when it was just a bright idea and now I'm seeing this story in the eyes of an angel. I get to be the narrator- angel of the story and lead campers to experience Jesus in a new way.
Sometimes it's easy to read John 3:16 and not embrace what Jesus' death really means to me. Playing in this story is so special because I get to be a part of what Jesus has done. At the end of the play, I see campers' crying and kids ask if it's real and if it's true. If a guy named Jesus really did die for them. And I get to tell them, that it's true Jesus died because of them.

This story is what summer camp is all about. This story is what my life is all about.



No comments:

Post a Comment