Monday, May 18, 2015

Make me broken

Make me broken
So I can be healed
'Cause I'm so calloused
And now I can't feel
I want to run to You
With heart wide open
Make me broken

Make me empty
So I can be filled
'Cause I'm still holding
Onto my will
And I'm completed
When you are with me
Make me empty

[Chorus:]
'Til You are my one desire
'Til You are my one true love
'Til You are my breath, my everything
Lord, please keep making me

Make me lonely
So I can be Yours
'Til I want no one
More than You, Lord
'Cause in the darkness
I know You will hold me
Make me lonely
-- Sidewalk Prophets

Will you continue to let Jesus break you and remake you for His glory?

Job 5:17-18 Blessed is the man whom God corrects, so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty. For he wounds, but he also binds up, he injures, but his hands alo heal.

2 years ago, when I went to Peru I felt that my spiritual life was complacent. I went to Peru praying that God would break my heart for what breaks is and show me a real Him. In Peru I was challenged by a faith I never knew and by pain and suffering I never realized. I can't say that my life has gotten any easier, but I can praise God because my walk is not complacent. I know that I'm not ok with God and I'm not on the fence. Instead I'm crying out loud, living on Christ's bread, and being filled by God's glory and grace. Truly surrendering everything is a sacrifice but it's something you will never ever regret. Have the courage to ask God again to keep making you- to keep breaking you- and to keep recreating you for His glory. He will give you a new heart; He will take out your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh (and feeling) (Ezekiel 36:26)

Lord have mercy upon me for I sin against you every single day. I praise you for your love that never changes. I ask that you take my heart and break it for whatever breaks yours. Make me caring and gentle for your glory. I surrender everything to you.


1 comment:

  1. Wow. This is what I'm praying for too...May God give us hearts like His, whatever the cost!

    ReplyDelete