Monday, April 20, 2015

Attitude and school

One of my best friends introduced me to my favorite quote while I was in Peru..
Attitude is the difference between an adventure and an ordeal.
I think this quote is super important and practical right now as we are approaching the last 3 weeks of school. If you are like me, you are burnt out with studying and your head is all bout that summer camp, swimming, camping, family life, whatever and it can be easy to whine, grumble, and make excuses to why your life suddenly is terrible and why you deserve to have a bad day.

This passage in Romans (message) really speaks to me.

"So here's what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life
your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking around life- and place
it before God as an offering. 


Embracing what God does for you is the best thing
you can do for him. Don't become so well adjusted to your culture that
you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention of God. You'll be 
changed from the inside out."


Wow, you see I am always waiting for big opportunities to help people or change the world or make a difference but so often God wants us to glorify Him in the small things. And sometimes I get frustrated when life seems too mundane and when schoolwork is piling on, but God asks us to glorify Him with what He puts in front of us and what He entrusts to us at that time. God works step by step and as He sees our faithfulness in the small things He will give us more opportunities to work for Him in the big things.

We can do this end of school thing- not because we are smart- but because Christ is enough to fill our every need until the end and He promises to finish the work He started in us this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment