Sunday, April 26, 2015

21 years

Yesterday was my birthday.
20 years of life complete.

As I look back in my life to 20 years?
I have to ask myself what matters?

What really matters in life?
What is the GOLD- the thing worth living for
Or is everything simply meaningless?

The grades I've made, the awards I've received- meaningless
All A's, salutatorian, leadership positions- meaningless
The fun I've had, the places I've visited- meaningless
The things I so often strive for and worry about- meaningless

Yet the relationships God has built
the love He has given me
The ways Christ has lead me
These are priceless

I'm a very type A, always running around, spontaneous, goal driven person and I think something I'm learning about God is that He doesn't care about our accomplishments. He doesn't want us to always be busy and working so much that we don't have time for Him and for relationships. Our life isn't about what we do or what dreams we accomplish. Our life is about relationships between God and with others.I think for me personally, I want to learn to be quieter, to be more still, to be more calm, and to take time to reach out to other people.

One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple. Psalm 27:4

This verse is so simple but it is so difficult so often to stop living life in the chaos and confusion of this world, and to simply glorify God by dwelling in His house and by worshiping Him. I think for me, this is my prayer for my life: that God would help me to seek His face and to dwell in His house that I may be best friends with my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment