Thursday, January 1, 2015

A new year

Ezekiel 36:25-27
"Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. Your filth will be washed away, and you will no longer worship idols. And I will give you a new heart with new and right desires, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony heart of sin and give you a new, obedient heart. And I will put my Spirit in you so you will obey my laws and do whatever I command.

When will our hearts be filled with God's love and His Holy Spirit?
When will His longings be ours and our soul be completely full and satisfied with Him alone?

Every year we have the chance to look back at our year.
And remember what God has done for us.

Not what we have done. Because everything good and perfect has only been because of His glory.
For we on our own our all sinful. We all fall short

But God says 
I love you so much.
I sent my son to save you.
I created you in my image.
And I have a plan for you.
I'm proud of you.
And I'm not giving up on you.

Let's not forget how God's working in us. Let's be patient with our self and forgive ourself for our shortcomings just as Christ has done.

We have nothing to fear for the future, except as we shall forget the way

the Lord has led us, and His teaching in our past history- Ellen G White



No comments:

Post a Comment