Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Why my life doesn't make sense according to the worlds standards

When people ask me what my major is? It's hard for me to respond.
Honestly, I'm embarrassed. Christ is humbling me.
I'm doing nursing. I NEVER wanted to be a nurse.
And I'm not in the program yet. I could have been in next semester but I feel that's not where God wants me. So I'm waiting. Waiting on God..
And in some ways, it's so frustrating. But in other ways, it's so beautiful.

According to the ways of this world, it makes no sense why I would switch to nursing. I HATE shots. I'm terrified of iv's. Hospitals are my least favorite place in the world. I don't like listening to "know it all doctors" and I don't want to be bossed around or clean people up for a living.

But the truth is I can see the fingerprints of God in this area of my life and it's beautiful. Because for once, it's not what I want. It's not my plans- it's His. And I feel that God has placed on my heart to be an orphan mom in Africa. I want to use nursing to take care of the kids at that orphanage. To be their mommy and take care of them when they are sick. I also want to take care of kids who have terminable diseases. I want to love them they way Jesus loved me.

To some people, maybe to you, you may say "that sounds sweet". Well isn't that a nice thought sweetie but you'll never get there. But I honestly have the utmost faith that Christ will take me to Africa and that He will use me beyond my imagination- not because I'm someone special or nice- just because I'm surrendering my life to Him. I believe that He wants to do these crazy things in our life. These things that are harder to explain to the average person you sit by on the plane.

And I'm so FAR away from where Christ wants me.
Yet the crazy thing is He loves me anyways and He never gives up on me.

This semester God answered a dream of mine that I had for a really long time. Ever since I was 10 years old I wanted to go to hospitals with sick kids and juggle for them. This year, I felt God telling me to go for it and I started a new ministry here at Southern called Com Passion. Honestly, trying to lead out in this has been harder than I have ever imagined it would be. But I have to have faith every week we go that God is going to bring the right people that need to go and that He will bless. I praise God because He is so good and patient. This Friday Com Passion is going Christmas caroling at the children's hospital. I'm really nervous because we need 15 people or I might cancel it. We need a driver and at least one guitar player. But I'm trying to trust God that He will provide. I'm going to bake some brownies and write some thank you notes to some of the nurses encouraging them as well this Christmas season. Please pray for our ministry that God will bless- it's His ministry not mine- and I know He loves each child in the hospital more than I do.

You may be like "oh that's cool your doing your dreams or you started a ministry, but I could never do that." But the thing is: You can. This is what God wants to do in us. He wants to take the ordinary and make it extraordinary. He wants to come through for you and do miracles and show you His glory. I just challenge you to trust Him. Pray for opportunities to stretch your faith. Trust God, He is good and I am awestruck by His splendor.


No comments:

Post a Comment