Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Ecclesiastes 4:6 says "Better one handful with tranquility than two handfuls chasing after the wind"

Would you rather have one hand open full of blessings and gifts that you can share with others and continue to receive? Or would you fight to have two hands full of gifts for yourself? But these two handfuls you would hold tightly with clenched fists because others might want to steal your gifts. With two clenched fists full of gifts you could never give and you could never receive more. You 'would be just stuck with material wealth and you would never find tranquility.

One or two? I choose one.

I think this verse greatly illustrates the art of thankfulness and celebration. Ever since I saw the Rend Collective concert, I've began to realize that thanking others, thanking Christ, and being joyful amidst all circumstances is an art- it's not easy to do. It takes practice. It's a skill and we can get better by practicing.

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom can be no variation, neither shadow that is cast by turning.

This Thanksgiving God has amazed me with His love for me. I'm up in the Colorado mountains and it is beautiful. I have been sick most of break and it was very unpleasant. But God healed me enough to go snowboarding yesterday and to eat Thanksgiving food today. I am so thankful. Not only that, but I get to spend this break with my family- a family who loves me very much. As I look around at my friends' families, I see many family struggles, my family definitely has their own challenges as well. But my family loves the Lord and loves each other. That fact alone gives us a reason to celebrate and I am so thankful that I have them to love and spend this Thanksgiving with.

God has been so good to me this year. I attend an amazing school. I have friends who remind me to pray and look to Jesus. I have an amazing family. There are so many blessings and I'm just so in awe of my Savior.




No comments:

Post a Comment