Friday, October 10, 2014

Why am I a Seventh Day Adventist?

I urge you to think deep within your heart why you believe the way you do.
Do you even really believe it?
Because when a non-Christian or someone struggling with their beliefs asks you "Why are you a Seventh Day Adventist?"
"Because my parents were" just isn't gonna cut it.

Reasons why I am a Seventh Day Adventist:
1. I believe the Bible is true and that God is surely alive.
2. I believe in all ten of the Ten Commandments which is why I choose to worship on Saturday.
3. I believe that more than any religion- I am a follower of Christ who puts the Bible far above any other speaker. I respect that Seventh Day Adventists honor the Bible among anything man made, any priest or prophet, and use the Bible to learn God's word not to prove their own points.
4. I believe God is real and involved in my life because He has given me peace, He has provided me safety, He has done miraculous works and shown His glory through me.
5. I believe that Christ is coming soon and that He calls His followers to testify His name to every nation, tribe, and people.


Saying that you believe something that you really don't believe does nobody (including yourself) any favors.

Believing in something without acting in it- is weak and cowardly. We must stand firm in and for what we believe despite what others may think of us.

Claiming to follow God while not standing up for Him, can actually cause others to fall away from Christ and make God out to be a liar.

Think about why you believe the way you do so that you can testify to others with power.

Hebrews 6:1-2
"Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, 2instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.


No comments:

Post a Comment