Monday, October 13, 2014

A Prayer for transformation

Father, take away my desires for things most people in this world want. Take away my desire for popularity, for alot of friends, for good grades, for a "nice" career, for external beauty that fades, for money and riches. For these things will fade, but Your word will not.

Take away my selfishness. My desire to have it all together, and my will to plan my own future. Help me to surrender my dreams and wants to You. Nail my desires to your cross so that I can follow you and learn to walk humbly in Your footsteps.

Father, take away my insecurities, my fears, my stress. Give me power to proclaim your name and not be ashamed, to love without fear of rejection or pain, to give with no expectation of receiving back.

Lord, I know that I can not change myself. I know that I am weak and sinful, but that you have sent the Holy Spirit to come into my heart to change me each and every day. So I surrender yet again, Holy Spirit come and live in me; come and breathe in me; come and work in me.

Even though I know that these changes will hurt.
That I cannot have both "wordly success" and a true walk with Christ.
Even though I know this will be hard.
I pray that you keep changing me according to how you see fit.
And I thank you for my trials because I know you are working on remaking me and creating in me a clean heart.

Ezekiel 36:26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you.

Question of thought: Can you have your cake and eat it too? Can you be highly successful according to the ways of this world and have a devout walk with Christ? Or do you have to choose one?

No comments:

Post a Comment