Monday, October 6, 2014

Bring the Rain

It's storming and lightning outside my window. It's loud but nothing like the rain in Peru- that bashed against our metal house shaking everyone inside. No this rain is gentle.

Sometimes the rain comes down in our life and challenges just seem to pour in like buckets of ice thrown on top of our heads. There are those moments when everything that we know of- our deepest foundations- seem to be shaking-  and we are literally left crying out to God "Help me in this storm. What is going on?" Sometimes it's hard to see in the midst of the storm the right hand of God that is holding us. Sometimes it's not til after the storm ends, when we say thank you Lord- I will praise you for that storm- because it changed me or because it brought me closer to you.

The Bible says that we should praise God in the storm and we should praise for the storm. For the challenges in life and any opportunity to sacrifice our self for His name is a way we can thank Him and be even closer to Christ.

12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

Matthew 5:10 says "Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Mercy Me- "Bring the rain"
"What's a little rain?...Bring me anything that brings you glory. And I know they'll be days when this life gives me pain but if that's what it takes to praise you Jesus bring the rain."

"Keep Making Me"- Sidewalk Prophets

"Make me broken...
 Make me empty so I can be filled cuz I'm still holding onto my will. And I'm completed and you are with me. Make me empty.
Til you are my one desire. Til you are my one true love. Til you are my breath, my every thing. Lord please keep making me.
Make me lonely so I can be moved. Til I want no one more than you Lord cause in the darkness I know you will hold me. Make me lonely."

It's a hard prayer to pray. I don't think I'm quite there yet. I mean asking God to mess up your life and make you lonely.. so that you will be even closer to Him. Wow. God promises that if we are willing He will transform our lives- and that transformation won't be easy- but it will be beautiful and worth it. Through the rain, may we have joy and hope, remembering that God will never fail us and that He is not finished with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment