Friday, September 5, 2014

Peace for the waiting

The more I know about God the more uncertain my life and plans become

the more I make friends who are passionate about Jesus- the more I witness them follow God radically and go through times of confusion, and shortage, and danger, and possibility of failure, and insecurity. They forget their own plans and dreams and choose to wait in the uncertainty

but in the beauty of the Lord's Will.

I think that these times of waiting and insecurities,  times when we don't know what we are doing but choose instead to rely on God's providence and strength- these are the monumental cornerstones of our walk with Christ. They are the rushing waterfalls that will keep our spiritual lives growing and moving fast paced.

They are some of the hardest times. But I believe it's not until we really let God mess our lives up and take us to these places of insecurity, and doubt, that we really realize what a mighty God we serve and how little our plans and dreams are in comparison to Him. We realize that we are so small and can never conceive things in their fullest. Thus we never know the best things for our-self. But when we trust God- it's so hard- but He does things that seem impossible, beyond thought, and just miraculously crazy.

I think these "trusting God in the hard times or insecurities times" are different for everyone. It may be watching a loved one die and wondering how it could be happening. It may be not having a clear future plan- God may want you to wait and trust and follow blindly. It may be overcoming your biggest fears in order to truly see God's blessings. It could be anything hard- but anything God is calling you too and through.

For me, a big thing is future plans and what I'm going to do with my life. I mean this is college, the hot spot questions are "What's your major? How do you plan on succeeding in your life? Where do you see yourself in ten years?" And your expected to answer in a minute or under and for each aspect to make sense- to be sound and to seem financially stable.

But unlike us humans who always need a plan, we need a calendar, we want to know- because we want security- God doesn't work in our time. God says do what I have asked you to do right now. Follow me where you are right now. Listen to me right now. I will tell you what I want you to do today and tomorrow I will tell you what I want you to do tomorrow. And this is hard- this is beyond hard for me- but I am trying my best to follow God blindly.

I believe that when we wait on God- when we slow down- when we go through those hard times and really are challenged to trust Him to come through for us, He will. During those times when we quiet our thoughts and worries- we will hear Him whisper to us. And when we take His hand and say "I'll follow you", I believe He will lead us.

God, give me the courage to follow you even when I can't see where you are taking me. Please do your will in my life and thank you for the amazing friends and family you have put into my life who bless me so much. I pray you bless their lives and take care of them. God, give us the strength to follow you and tune our ears to hear your voice.

But the Lord is faithful, He will establish you and guard you from the evil one. 2 Thessalonians 3:3

You will keep Him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because He trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3







No comments:

Post a Comment