Friday, August 22, 2014

Rich

It kinda puts me in shock realizing that I attend a beautiful college that costs $26,000 and with $32 a child in Ethiopia or Africa could learn how to read and receive an education. 26,000 could provide educations for 812 children.
It kinda makes me think- watching my video of myself and almost everyone else and their mom- pouring buckets of CLEAN water on their heads without thinking twice, to advocate and publicize- when 3.4 million people die annually due to a lack of clean water.
Maybe we aren't just lucky people; maybe we are richly blessed by a God who loves us and who has provided for us. Maybe we should think about how God is asking us to give and to bless others today. Happy Sabbath!

If I am richly blessed.. the question is How does God want me to use His blessings?
How can I be more generous?
Jesus said the road to heaven is narrow and that it is more difficult for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter heaven.
God, what can I give to you right now?
What can I give to you this school year?

My money??
My time??
My thoughts??

May you show me God how I can give back to you and bless others.

No comments:

Post a Comment