Friday, August 22, 2014

Happy Sabbath from Southern!

I am at Southern Adventist University. God is so good and He has blessed my family and let them come up here with me for about a week to camp and just hang out. I've finally gotten my class and work schedules figured out and I've unpacked alot. Today my family got to just hang out around Chattanooga and explore. It was so fun! We went to my favorite restaurants in Chattanooga and we rode the Incline and explored Lookout Mountain. It is so beautiful here!

A year ago, I was flying to Peru and getting adjusted at this time. Last year was a year I don't think I will ever forget. The friends, the travel, the orphans, the doctor, the diseases, the children- there was so much love, so much joy, and so many deep challenges that I had to fight my way to overcome. Now that I"m back at Southern when people ask me how Peru was, all I seem to remember is the good and my quick reply is "awesome". Honestly though- it was more than awesome- it was God blessed- incredible and miraculous. I hope and pray that if you have the opportunity to go on a mission trip or volunteer as a missionary, you will say yes because it will be an unforgettable journey with God.

Anyways, that was last year, and while I honestly wish I was traveling to Zimbabwe's children's orphanage this year or next year, I know God has called me to a beautiful campus in Tennessee to study and make friends and just glorify Him. College can often be a selfish time for college students- but it doesn't have to be. My desire is that this year I fall in love with Jesus even more and really become God-focused and disciplined. I want to take my walk with God to the next level. I believe that Jesus is coming soon and that we must be focused and perseverant and studious in reading our Bible and prayer. That's what I want- I want to get that focused. That being said a huge weekness for me is busyness. This year I want to strive to make my God time something that happens every single day- no excuses. We can say 'but that's so hard" or "I need to study" but in the end, our time with Christ and the things we do for Him are the only things that will matter.

Dear God,
I pray you take my selfish heart and redesign it.
Take my silly dreams and redefine them.
Take away my stress.
Help me realize I am blessed.
May I walk in all your ways.
That I can serve you every day.
Help me really truly know you.
And teach me how to show you
Every day- this be my prayer Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment