Thursday, August 7, 2014

Fall gently

What if I fall?
Oh my darling, you're going to fall. When you climb up high, your going to fall. You’ll never touch the sky.
You can keep going. You can keep reaching. But you’ll never get too high.

But when you fall. I hope you see that life isn’t just a simple dream. I hope you fall hard enough but not too hard.
I hope you fall hard enough to look at the floor.
I hope you fall hard enough to realize you are not invincible.
I hope you fall hard enough to look around you and see that everyone else has fallen too.
And I hope that you don’t lay down there too long.
I hope you get up and climb-
but never climb too high.
But I hope the way you fell…
taught you to climb differently.
And I hope that when you climb again
It’s with the grace of a child
And the gentleness of a tree."

No comments:

Post a Comment