Sunday, July 20, 2014

Following blindly- Career thoughts

If faith is believing without seeing than I believe I am exercising my faith right now.
Lately God has been whispering to me about my future..
You see college is one of those tight, pressing times when the question of the day: million dollar hot spot is "What do you want to do with your life? What do you want to be when your older?"
And I used to think just like everybody else that to decide I needed to look at the list of typical jobs making descent money (doctor, nurse, teacher, police man, lawyer, yata yata- make my selection and choose.) But lately I'm being led in a different direction.

I don't want to be a doctor, nor a nurse, and lately I'm not even thinking I want to be a physical therapist.
I do want to help others stay healthy.
I do want to help kids who are terminably sick or who are suffering from hunger or different diseases around the world.
I do want to follow God wherever He leads me and possibly me a missionary.

But I don't know where I'm going. I don't know exactly what I'm doing. I know I want to get a health science degree. I want to wait on God and be willing to follow Him and work for Him even if it is something untraditional.

No comments:

Post a Comment