Saturday, June 7, 2014

Light Meets the Dark

I don't know where to go from here.
It all used to seem so clear.
I'm finding I can't do this on my own.

I don't know where to go from here.
As long as I know that you are near.
I'm done fighting.
I"m finally letting go.
I will trust in you.  "Sidewalk Prophets"

This is where the healing begins.
This is where the healing starts.
When you come to where you're broken within.
Light meets the dark.-- "Tenth Avenue North"

-- Everybody has those life shaking moments, heart-shattering relationships, or depressing seasons in their life when all the noise fades away and you feel left in the dessert all alone gasping for clean air and water to sustain life. I feel like I've been in the dessert for a while but God is walking me hand in hand to a cool and bubbling brook.

It's ok to be alone and to have shelters around your heart. In fact God says that we need to protect our heart above all other things. I'm excited to work at Wewoka Woods Summer Camp this year for the 5th time this year. I know that God has brought me to a safe place of healing, ministry, and close friends.

I just finished 2 weeks of summer camp and it was a pretty good experience so far.We had staff week and camp meeting and then Native American Camp! During Native Week, I got to be a girls counselor for some beautiful six and a half to eight year old girls! I just LOVED it and I really feel like God helped me get through to some of the campers. I have an amazing co-counselor named Dani and we work really well together. At the end of the week at camp, many of our sweet girls asked me if they could go home with me. It saddened me to see many of them cry when they returned with their families. I just have to wonder about how safe they are in their families and how much their parents really love them.

This past week, I was working as a girls counselor, spiritual director, and programming director because Larry, the normal programming director wasn't there. I'm excited that for the following weeks I will be a girls counselor, lake lifeguard, and spiritual director. Please pray for our camp that the kids are touched and that the staff really unites in ministry.





No comments:

Post a Comment