Friday, March 21, 2014

Take me home

Too many seconds of far too frequent minutes
I hear my mind saying home
It's overwhelming
It's a home beat so loud I can't do anything
6 weeks is near yet seems a mountain too far

I look at myself here
Not in a mirror where I can see my face covered in dirt
But in the things around me
That mirror my weaknesses, and selfishness, and troubled heart
And looking at myself makes me cringe

I'm tired, I'm wasted, I'm sick of being dirty and smelly and having circles under my eyes
and being grabbed with sweaty hands, and getting lice from clingy kids, and singing until I have a soar throat, and smiling when I'm breaking inside, and giving myself away when I have nothing left to give.
I'm tired. I can't do this on my own.
I'm ready to go home..

And I know that God is my only hope.
And I know that with Him I can do this.
And I know that the impossible is possible with Him.
And I know that He will help me and hold me in His righteous hand.
And I know that I will be home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment