Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Cold kisses, hugs, and kittens-- primary school

Welcome to the land of singing "Hello Hello, how are you today", kissing chubby little children in school uniforms, and making best friends with seven years olds. Oh teaching primary: how I love and hate you at the same time.

Some funny stories can be summed up by a front row child flipping his desk right in front of me, a six year old forced to kiss me as a punishment, and a slobbery fat kiss half popsicle and half love. All in all it amounts to tons of "Happy and You know it" "Hello Hello" and "Goodbye Goodbye" songs plus a million flash cards about school... but at least I have my best friend as accomplice and dancer: the amazing Kaity Kat.

Let me just start by saying that I could NEVER be a kindergarden teacher's assistant. I LOVE kids but I hate repetition and bore and if I were the teacher.... it would be different. Teaching is good because it makes the time go faster and keeps me distracted. It also forces me to practice the gift of Patience.

Oh patience- patience- patience- why God is it so hard? Lately all I can think about is America, my family, my future job, and my plans for school. All I can do is dream and think about the day when I CAN FLY HOME.

Yes I know I need to stop- everyone says I will miss this place like crazy- and I know I will too- but honestly I am just very tired of what I do here and ready for AMERICA.
Now that I have expressed that thought and bothersome complaint, worry, and sensation that steadily creeps into my mind many seconds every single day.. I would like to share a few things I am thankful for HERE.

* I'm thankful that tomorrow we're going to the orphanage.
* I'm thankful that I can practice cooking with some of the best friends in the world.
* I'm thankful I have family and best friends that force me to do insanity every single night and go running.
* I'm thankful that I have an abundance of food to eat unlike many children in my neighborhood.
* I'm thankful that I have an amazing loving family back home.
* I'm thankful that I get to go swimming every Monday and Friday.
* I'm thankful that clinic is going on and that the doctor is teaching us a lot.
* I'm thankful that Jesus has called me here for now and is working in my heart right now =)

No comments:

Post a Comment