Wednesday, February 12, 2014

One Day At A Time

When I first came to Peru, I was excited- full of energy, ideas, passion, and ready to love each and every person I met. I wanted to start new projects and was ambitious about a new swimming and orphanage program.  I was bursting with enthusiasm about AMOR and my work as a missionary.

Honestly, now I'm not pumped, nor dreamy, naive eyed. I understand that eight months is a long time. Often I wake up not wanting to do anything and simply go back to sleep. Sometimes I don't care about reading my Bible, or playing with kids, or even going to the orphanage for that matter- sometimes I just don't feel it- I lack motivation. But God is not lacking..

Day by day, Christ strengthens me. In the small things, with a friend, with a child that pursues me and initiates a hug, or with a message from someone who cares- day by day Christ renews His passion in me.

Today was one of those encouraging days. I was riding home from a youth evangelism seminar behind pastor and his motorcycle trying to stay on despite all the bumps- and just looking at the sky- and smoke around me realizing this is it- this is Peru. And that's how God blesses me- moment by moment- with a muffin, a new friend, a motorcycle ride, or a baby alligator- He gives as we need.

Often we may not feel it. We may not have the desire in our hearts to learn more about God nor to serve Him. But that's ok, because it's natural to not want to do any of those things. But if we pray and ask God to do the supernatural, to give us the will to serve, and to read our Bibles, and to spend time in prayer- and we invest time into it little by little- each and every day, He will prove sufficient.

One day at a time- prayer by prayer- positive thought by positive thought- God will bless and keep His promises.

Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment