Monday, February 17, 2014

Intercessional Prayer


Intercession prayer is beautiful. It's the most loving thing one friend can do for another, one boyfriend to another, or one family member for another. It's lifechanging, purposeful, and powerful. If we only realized what intercession prayer could do and spent time investing in it, our lives would be totally transformed.

Job 16: 20 My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God; on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend.

It's easy to say "I'll pray for you". It's harder to get down on your knees and wail out to God for your brethren, your amiga, your parents- and plead to God on their behalf. It takes true love to do that- and I can't say anything else that I'd rather have a friend, family member , or even an acquaintance pray for me like that.

James 5:16 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

1 Samuel 12:23-- Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by ceasing to pray for you, and I will instruct you in the good and the right way.
    
1 John 5:16         
If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask, and God will give him life—to those who commit sins that do not lead to death. There is sin that leads to death; I do not say that one should pray for that.

I've had a hard last couple of weeks and I've been talking to a few of my friends who are battling some pretty serious wars themselves. Following God and living a life of purity- in a messed up world- is a constant battle. I just want to write to my friends for one minute- that I am doing my best to intercede to the Lord on your behalf. Prayer has always been something difficult for me, but lately I'm realizing the importance, power, and just the awe of interceding. I want you to know that I love you so much- more than words to express- and I will be lifting up your names and stories up to the Lord Almighty this week. Peace be with you- and many prayers =) I love you sisters.

O Lord, I have heard of your renown, and I stand in awe, O Lord, of your work. In our own time revive it; in our own time make it known; in wrath may you remember mercy. (Habakkuk 3:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment