Monday, January 27, 2014

I love Lima.. and traveling

Today is our last day here in Lima, Peru. Tomorrow we fly to Cuzco where we will visit Macchu Picchu and then we fly back to Pucallpa for 3 months more of service. Traveling has been so much fun. I wish I could travel forever, but that would be expensive. I guess in a few days I will be ready to return to AMOR Projects and jump back into clinic, teaching English, and swimming lessons.

Yesterday we went surfing again. I am doing alot better and working on turning and standing up for a longer period of time. We also went to a chocolate museum yesterday. We learned all about how cacao was made from the plant to the bean- the grinding process- and finally we made our own truffles. Peru is the 13th leading exporter of the cacao plant and all the countries that produce cacao are right along the equator line.

I have met alot of interesting people from many different countries while traveling. Many of them travel to escape the realm of the sad life they live- often running away from a divorce or from a bad family background- looking to something new. Often they travel from hostel to hostel in South America hanging out with random people they meet and partying all night long at bars.

Staying at hostels is now something I'm totally ok with and actually recommend doing. Of course you have to look for safe ones, but for $8 a night plus breakfast and wifi- it's really not too bad.

I guess that's all for now- I'm so not ready to go back to the clinic- 3 months- I think that will go fast..

2 Corinthians 10:5 We demolish arguments and every evil pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment