Sunday, December 22, 2013

Remind me who I am

"When I lose my way and I forget my name, Remind me who I am. In the mirror all I see, is who I don't wanna be. Remind me who I am. In the loneliest places, where I can't remember what grace is...
Tell me once again who I am in you..
When my heart is like a stone and I'm running far from home. When I can't receive your love, afraid I'll never be enough. Remind me who I am
I'm your beloved"

Wow today has been one of those days where I needed God.
Today I have been broken and homesick, feeling a loss of purpose and a bit distraught.
Yet God has totally taken my hand and pointed me towards His love that is as self-proclaiming as the bright stars

Being a missionary is hard sometimes.
It's physically, emotionally, socially, and spiritually exhausting.
Sometimes you feel like you have nothing left- nothing left inside you- and you become sick of yourself.

But then God lifts you up.
He carries you.
Like at the perfect moment- God will put the strangest things or people in your life who provide exactly what you need for you to continue.

Sometimes it's the small things- like a card from my family far away, a long Facebook message from my best friends, a blog entry that I read from another sm, or a kiss on the cheek from a little kid- but none the less God has never failed to provide for me and remind me who I am in Him.

Isaiah 41:10 Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not anxiously look about, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you. Surely I will uphold you, with my righteous right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment