Monday, December 2, 2013

I'll follow you around the world


There's these times in my mission experience when I am so overwhelmed with God's presence and joy and I can't imagine being anywhere else in the world. Tonight we were singing the song by Leeland for worship and it really just touched me. Sometimes I question How could I not serve others?  How could I not make some sacrifices? After all Jesus has done for me, I want to follow Him. I want to serve Him wherever He leads me.

Today was a great, long day. This morning we hung out with our sisters at the orphanage and then we went Christmas shopping for the orphans. This afternoon we had a huge clinic with 50 patients and then Allie and I were whisked away to "bathe a paralyzed guy". It turns out when we finally got to his house, this poor 34 year old young man who was almost skin and bones, had deep (DEEP)  wounds in his but.  Thus we need to return with cleaning supplies, gauze, and gloves to clean and fill his wound tomorrow. Then we will continue to doctor his wound for the next week as well as possibly provide some inspiration to him by doing a church service for him and bringing him some baked goods.

It's terribly sad not just because of the fact that he has paralyzed- but mostly because being paralyzed in a poor, third-world country like Peru means you have no hope. His father was the one to come get us and his father is severely handicapped. He has no money, no comfortable house, no money for medical bills, or therapy- thus what is his destiny? What hope does he have? It makes me terribly terribly sad. What can we do for this poor man? The man was reading his Bible when he came in and that makes me happy because God is the only hope this man has.


You live among the least of these, the weary and the weak
And it would be a tragedy for me to turn away
All my needs You have supplied
When I was dead You gave me life
How could I not give it away so freely?
And I'll, I'll follow You into the homes of the broken
I'll follow You into the world
I'll meet the needs for the poor and the needy God
I'll follow You into the world
Use my hands, use my feet to make Your kingdom come
To the corners of the earth until Your work is done
'Cause faith without works is dead
And on the cross Your blood was shed
So how could we not give it away so freely?
And I'll, I'll follow You into the homes of the broken
Follow You into the world
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy, God
I'll follow You into the world
Follow You into the homes of the broken
I'll follow You into the world
And meet the needs for the poor and the needy, God
I'll follow You into the world
I give all myself, I give all myself
And I give all myself to You
And I give all myself, yes, I give all myself
And I give all myself to You
And I'll follow You into the homes of the broken
I'll follow You into the world
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy, God
I'll follow You into the world
I'll follow You into the homes of the broken
Follow You into the world
Meet the needs for the poor and the needy, God
- Leeland 


No comments:

Post a Comment