Friday, November 1, 2013

2 Corinthians 4:16

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Therefore do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly, we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

2 Corintios 4:16-18
Por tanto, no nos desanimamos. Al contario, aunque por fuera nos vamos desgastado, por dentro nos vamos renovando dia tras dia. Pues los sufrimientos Gloria eternal que vale muchisimo mas que todo sufrimiento. Asi que no nos fijamos en lo visible sino en lo invisible, ya que lo que se ve es pasajero, mientras que lo que no se ve es eterno.

I would like to share an uplifting story with you about true faith and perseverance in Christ. It is one of my favorite stories in the book of Acts 16: 22-34.

Paul and Silas got thrown into prison for doing something good, expelling an evil demon that predicted the future in a slave girl. They were shackled down and put into the worst room of the prison. Yet instead of being discouraged, Paul and Silas began to sing and pray. They sang and prayed in exuberance at the top of their lungs to God, so that every prisoner heard their singing and prayers. At midnight an earthquake came upon the prison and the doors swung open and every prisoner's bindings were freed. The jailer rushed in terrified and after being comforted by Paul accepted Jesus Christ and converted His entire family.

I feel like if I were thrown into prison for doing something good, instead of sing songs and pray, I might question God. I might grumble to Him "Why are we here when we were only trying to do good for Your name?" "How can we tell others about you when we're stuck in a prison?" Yet Paul and Silas knew that God was working in ways they couldn't see. They trusted Him unconditionally so much so that they praised Him.

I long for faith like Paul's so badly. I want to see my life as only something temporary and solely profitable for the glory of God. I want to have faith in Christ that even when things I see don't make  sense, I can trust in the unseen plans of God.




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment